The Franklin Police Department is managed by Police Chief Terry Thibodeaux. Chief Thibodeaux is a 15 year veteran of the Franklin Police Department.
The Franklin Police Department strives to:
- Protect life and to preserve property;
- Enforce all laws fairly and equally among all people;
- Create an environment within the community that is conducive to raising families and supportive of the business community;
- Provide emergency assistance and relief in times of disaster;
- Operate in an effective and professional manner
To maintain this mission, the Franklin Police Department has 4 full time and 2 part-time officers.
The Franklin Police Department has primary jurisdiction for all offenses occurring within the city limits of Franklin. The department works effectively with other law enforcement agencies in the area.
The Franklin Police Department is located at 407 N. Center. The Police Department does not maintain a jail or 911 dispatch center. These services are provided by the Robertson County Sheriff’s office. For dispatch services contact (979) 828-3299 or in the event of an emergency call 911. For non-emergencies please call (979) 828-3444.
For the Municipal Court and payment of tickets please refer to the Municipal Court page.